Volunteer Sports Chaplains
For over 19 years GNS has partnered with Sports Chaplaincy Australia (SCA) who are the peak association providing volunteer chaplains to sport around Australia and the globe.
Sports Chaplaincy Australia (SCA) identify, train and appoint volunteer people to serve as chaplains or 'pastoral carers' to sport communities in high performance and local sports communities. The SCA network and affiliates have hundreds of chaplains serving in sports like AFL, Netball NRL, Tennis, Motor Sports, ASP Surfing, F1, Cricket, Life-Saving and Pony clubs to name just a few.
Sports chaplains provide a club a wide range of advantages and benefits including,
- providing clubs with a member care strategy
- being a private, safe and listening ear for members going through tough times
- all are volunteers
- critical incident and trauma first responders
- suicide aware
- a great person to go to when a club has 'people' issues
- assist clubs committed to building healthy, stable and caring community
- provide a sustainable strategy 'on-top-of' training strategies – chaplains are there when trainers leave!
- they are a trusted member of the local club or sports community
Please contact us and we can help you find a chaplain for your club.